Restorative Chair Yoga for Cancer Survivors (TM) was created when Dee witnessed first hand the effect Cancer had not only on her loved ones, but also their families and friends. This patient proven program consists of two 60-minute classes a week which include gentle controlled movements to stimulate the lymphatic system and guided breath work and relaxation to activate the calming function of the nervous system. Participants complete class seated in a chair and utilize the chair throughout the session; no prior yoga or fitness experience is necessary. Previous participants and their family members reported the following benefits:
- Stress Reduction
- Improved quality of sleep
- Increased range of motion and healing of scar tissue & adhesions
- Elevated mood and sense of well-being
- Improved Balance
- Improved Strength
- Improved circulation
- Improved digestion
- Improved overall quality of life
- Improved flexibility
- Improved Self Soothing Techniques for Appointments
- Improved Self Awareness
- Decreased pain in areas of the body due to previous injuries (i.e. low back pain, hip pain, and knee pain)
Dee Person is a Registered Yoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist, Meditation Instructor and a military veteran focusing on special populations. She has received extensive training in working with Cancer Survivors and their families. Dee developed and personally led the LIVESTRONG Foundation's Therapeutic Chair Yoga for Cancer Survivors in Southeast Iowa from 2011-2013. As the Cancer Track Coordinator within the PREP Program (Physician Referred Exercise Program) at the ACAC Fitness & Wellness Center in West Chester, Dee teaches her Restorative Chair Yoga for Cancer Survivors(TM) program. Dee has established herself as the premiere Mind Body Cancer Rehab program in the Chester County area. She is an avid volunteer and guest presenter in many of the local Cancer organizations within the Greater Philadelphia area. This list includes:
- The Livestrong Organization
- Unite For Her
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- University of Pennsylvania, Chester County Community Hospital Survivorship Program
- Main Line Health Cancer Support Group at Paoli Hospital
- Central Chester Country Relay for Life
- Comprehensive Cancer Care
A current Naval Officer and Combat Veteran, Dee has extensive training in trauma and combines her many skills to make sure all participants feel at ease in their mind and body.
As with so many people, cancer has touched Dee's life in a very personal way. Please contact StudioDEE Yoga & Fitness if you are interested in having Dee speak or present at your next function.
*Participants are encouraged to bring a member from their family and or personal support group.
Survivorship Next Steps Series
Dee Person, Ceritified Yoga Therapist
Presents the Healing Benefits of Yoga
May 15, 2017
Penn Medicine, Chester County Hospital
Unite for Her Provider
Call or email today to schedule your free therapeutic yoga session.